A personal blog is the one which you use for writing stuff which is more or less based on your personal things. May be a hobby, unique interest, or your life events. Ideally a personalized blog WordPress theme should cover the following points:
1) Simple design: A personal blog should have a simple and light weight theme. It should look like a blog, rather than a CMS. Elements such as recent posts, recent comments, social networking profile icons must be easily accessible from the home page.
2) Stand out from the crowd: If your personal blog is unique then it is very easy for your readers to notice it even without looking at the address bar. It is useful when you post images of your blog in Pinterest or Facebook. By a single glance of your profile image people could figure it out that it’s your blog.
3) Easy to tweak: The theme should be in such a way that you can change the settings of your blog easily. The blog which needs the most tweaking is usually the personal blog as you wish to have things in your own way. A theme which is easy to edit is an ideal choice for a personal blog.
4) Free from clutter: Ideally, no matter what’s the genre, a blog should load with lightening speed. However, it’s more important for a personal blog to load fast. So, it should be free from unnecessary CSS and styles, images, etc.
5) Section for About page: For a personal blog About section is very important and you should feature it in the homepage. A great personal blog theme is the one where you can easily integrate the about page in the content section.
6) Easy navigation: The blog design should be in such a way that it is easy to navigate.
Based on the above given points, I have made a list of some of the best personal blog themes out there:
8 ) Light Source:
15) WP Premium: