This post is about responsive, adaptive, cross-platform compatible or device independent WordPress themes. A responsive WordPress theme is the one which looks same in all types of devices and screen resolutions. Basically a responsive WordPress theme detects the browser and the device and it adjusts itself specifically for that particular device. If you are running a professional website then responsive web design is very much required as nowadays there are may people who use their smart phones and tablets for browsing. Here are the features of responsive and adaptive WordPress themes:
1) Adaptive to devices: No matter which device you are using to view the webpage, an adaptive WordPress theme adjusts and aligns itself as per the size of the device. All the elements in an adaptive design are flexible. If you have a responsive design, the visitor will not feel any difference when they open your site in a laptop, tablet, desktop or a smart phone. On the other hand, you might have seen the non adaptive design of a site. When you open it in a desktop it looks different from when you open it in a cell phone or in a tablet.
2) Auto re-sizing of images: Images are automatically re-sized when a viewer is viewing the webpage and they are aligned to fit in to the viewer’s screen.
3) CSS styles: In an adaptive WordPress theme, there are different types of CSS styles are used so that the visitor will see the best view possible for your website for a particular device.
4) Retina ready: Some of the adaptive WordPress themes are also retina ready. They look stunning in high-resolution devices like iPad, iMac, Macbook, etc.
5) Tried and tested: Every responsive WordPress theme given below is tried and tested in all the configurations possible. Website testers use different types of devices, browsers, screen resolutions and other aspects of web design to make sure that the WordPress theme suits any device.
6) Use of fonts: A responsive WordPress theme uses the most common fonts which would support any browser.
7) Best practices of web design: A responsive WordPress theme is designed by keeping in mind all the best practices of modern web design concepts.
8) Less is MORE: An adaptive WordPress theme uses the concept of less (codes) is more. Codes are cleaned up specifically so that they provide best viewing experience to your visitors.
9) Fast loading themes: All the adaptive WordPress theme given below are fast loading. It also helps in Search engine optimization.
10) SEO optimized Since special care is taken for creating the WordPress theme, a responsive WordPress theme is naturally SEO optimized.
List of best premium responsive, adaptive WordPress themes:
14) Max Mag:
16) RT-Theme 15:
20) RT-Theme 17:
22) Blue Diamond:
29) Reaction WP:
33) One Touch:
48) Zig Zag: